Search This Blog

Monday 23 December 2013

The Effective Use of the Research Tools Box and Resources - Workshop on 28/12/2013

The Effective Use of the Research Tools Box
and Resources 
alt
1. Introduction

The search can be time consuming and sometimes tedious task. How can make it easier? How do deal with situations such as:
“I just join as new postgraduate students and I am not sure how to do a literature search”
“I have been in research for some time now but I spend a lot of time to get the articles I want”
“I am sure I have downloaded the article but I am not able to find it”
“I wanted to write a new paper, how can I manage the references in the shortest possible time?”
“I have many references, some of my old papers, and some of my current research. Sometimes, they are so many that I can’t recall where I have kept them in my folders!”
“I have written an article and I am not able to find a proper Journal”
"I want to increase the citation of my papers, how do I do?"

We need an effective search strategy can save hours of wasted research time and provide a clear direction for your research. The benefits of attending this workshop are numerous and include learning how to change the direction of searching to discover and how to use more efficient the tools that are available through the Net.

2. Objective

The workshop seeks to serve the following objectives:
To help students who seek to reduce the search time by expanding the knowledge of researchers to more effectively use the "tools" that are available through the Net.*
To evaluate the types of literature that researchers will encounter.
To convert the information on the search for a written document.
To help researchers learn how to search and analyze the right journal to submit.
To promote their publication for further citation.

* For more information on this workshop, see the Research Tools web page.
This workshop, aims to help research students in order to reduce research time by developing researcher knowledge to use more effectively the “Tools” which are available through the net. Research Tools is the skill to understand and use information technology tools to carry out research, including the use of discipline-related software and online resources.
The online “Research Tools” box is included over 700 tools. However, the speaker tries to introduce all necessary tools to postgraduate students in a simple and applicable way.

3. Who should attend?

The workshop is aimed at postgraduate students, young academics and researchers who have started his/her research and would like to increase the effectiveness of the research. The e-skills learned from the workshop are useful across various research disciplines and research institutions. Participants should have the requisite computer skills prior to taking the workshop.

  • مجری: انجمن دانشجویان ایرانی دانشگاه ملی مالزی
  • استاد: جناب آقای دکتر نادر آل ابراهیم
  • زمان: شنبه مورخ 2013/12/28، ساعت 10 لغایت 13
  • مکان: سالن سایبر، کتابخانه دانشگاه ملی مالزی، طبقه 4
  • هزینه: 25 رینگیت، لطفا مبلغ مذکور را به شماره حساب 12180115227527 به نام سرکار خانم مرضیه مقربی نزد بانک CIMB واریز نمایید و اطلاعات پرداختی را از طریق سایت در زمان ثبت نام اعلام فرمایید.
  • گواهینامه پایان دوره: توسط انجمن دانشجویان ایرانی دانشگاه ملی مالزی اعطا می گردد
  • زبان: فارسی​
  • روش ثبت نام: از طریق سایت انجمن

Iranian Students Association at National University of Malaysia
Website: www.isaukm.org
Facebook: ISAUKM
           
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment